Queen of Mediocrity

After thirty years, I've found my niche- mediocrity. The drive for greatness is still in me, it is just that I am so much more successful at being mediocre. In fact, I excel at it. If there was an Olympics held for mediocrity, I would have more medals than Michael Phelps. The question is how did I get so good? It is not like I attended a magnet school that specialized in the development of mediocre children. Therefore, it must be a natural God given talent, and who's to go against God's wishes? Not me. The truth of the matter is, I'm lying. I want to excel. I want to be great or even the greatest at something, anything. I have just never put my full energy into anything, so that is the real question. Why? Why haven't I pushed myself to go for it- go for anything? I dream, I plan, I attempt, I quit. This has been a life long pattern. If it takes work and if there is the slightest chance I could suffer some embarrassment or even worse, FAIL, I stop, or sometimes I don't even start. So, even though I have found success in being absolutely mediocre at everything I do, I am hopeful. I am hopeful because I know there is still time to change.

3 comments:

marmee said...

Your writing is far from mediocre!

katie said...

Glad to see you blogging again, Katy. And I agree with marmee. You may feel mediocre, but I promise you're not!

Anonymous said...

um... so are you sure you weren't writing this post about me?