IOU

The weather outside is frightful and so are my tonsils.  I should be at work today, but instead I am home with strep throat.  My tonsils hurt, my neck hurts, my ears hurt, my head hurts, even my teeth hurt.  I've refrained from complaining too much to Matt because he is trying his best to satisfy three very unsatisfiable children.  I don't think he wants to hear about the acorn sized glands in my neck or the stabbing pain I keep getting in my ears.  Being a sick parent comes with a certain amount of guilt.  That guilt is what pushed me to get out of bed this morning to pack three lunches for my children.  I have to say I did it more for Matt than for them.  He handled getting them off to school very well this morning, but I pray that I am well tomorrow because I don't think he could do two days of kid/school duty, but neither could I.   We have grown accustomed to our 50/50 marriage, so when something like strep throat or a migraine throws a wrench in our oh so perfect system, meltdowns undoubtedly follow.  Hopefully my antibiotic will kick in this afternoon so that I can help with homework and bath duty tonight.  If not, sorry Matt.  I'll write you an IOU when I feel better.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Sorry you are sick and hope you feel better soon! You guys are wonderful parents.

Unknown said...

I am sorry you are ill and I hope you feel better soon.I enjoy your writings as well as your photo's. Your Christmas tree's are very nice love the decorating.I wish I could get Jana into reading but some do and I guess some do not.I hope you have a Very Merry Holiday and look forward to more blogs.

Mama Kate said...

Thank you Marsha and Debbie. I feel much better today. It is amazing what a difference a day makes. Happy holidays to both of you girls!

Alyson and Ford said...

Glad you are doing better! The hacking cough cold has hit our home, and of course, we share.

Alyzabeth's Mommy