Christmas Favorites

Is it even possible that Christmas is 13 days away? I am so not prepared.  We have bags of presents stuffed here and there.  At this point I don't even know what we've bought.  Nothing is wrapped.  Not a Christmas cookie made. Greeting Cards-no way.  I feel like such a slacker, but a surprisingly merry slacker.  This will be the first time in two years that we will be home the entire two week Christmas break.  Don't get me wrong.  I loooovvveee our vacations, but I do miss my home time.  Mindlessly staring at the lights on the Christmas tree is by far my favorite (home time) activity, which gets me to thinking- what are my other holiday favorites?
 Favorite Christmas Foods
1.) Snowballs (shortbread cookie, pecans, powdered sugar)
2.) Hot Crab Dip (Paula Deen recipe)
3.) Meatballs (chili sauce and jelly)
4.) Pigs in a blanket (crescent rolls and little sausages)
5.) Mom's homemade sugar cookies
Favorite Christmas Movies
1.) The Santa Claus (all of them)
2.) Home Alone
3.) How the Grinch Stole Christmas
4.) Love Actually
5.) The Holiday
6.)  BTW-The Hallmark Channel is the bomb this time of year
Favorite Christmas Music
1.) The Carpenter's Christmas
2.)  All I Want for Christmas Is You (who doesn't like that song?)
3.)  Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
4.)  It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
5.)  White Christmas
Favorite Christmas Activities
1.)  Taking rides at night to look at the lights
2.)  Watching movies with the kids
3.)  Shopping
4.)  Baking yummy treats
5.)  Spending time with the ones I love
6.)  Staring at the lights on the tree!

I love Christmas, and even though I'm not prepared for it, I am ready for it.  I will let the Christmas spirit wrap her arms around me and carry me into the new year.  Joy is in the air!  Inhale.

1 comments:

Margaret said...

So happy to see you are back! Hot Crab Dip-I must find that recipe..thanks for sharing your list, Katy!