Alien Abduction?


It has been exactly 100 days since my last entry. There seems to be some time that I can't account for. Was I abducted by aliens, and am I just now returning to this place we call earth? Do I have a tiny piece of alien technology embedded in my nasal cavity that is monitoring my every thought and bodily function? I can safely say, no; I was not abducted by aliens, but I was in fact abducted by the roller coaster called life. Therefore, my blogging was put on hold. I'm not good at multitasking, so I should have known that I would not be able to keep a blog up to date. Prime example- my children's baby books. After their fifth month of life, I pretty much abandoned keeping track of their milestones. Hopefully they will not look back at those books as of a reflection of my love for them. I've often thought about going back and writing the words I Love You on all the blank lines and in all the blank spaces. I'm hoping that the thousands of photographs we've taken of them will suffice. Otherwise, I'm destined for the nursing home; no mother-n-law sweet for me. But I'm not going to think about that right now. For now, I'm going to think about happier things, like how adorable my kids looked in their Halloween costumes or how proud I am that Josie is learning to recognize all her numbers and letters. Even if I don't write it down on paper or document it on a blog, the collective memory of all those moments that I share with the people I love is with me forever, in my head and more importantly, in my heart:)

1 comments:

marmee said...

Its so good to have you back Katy!
I remember the baby book thing, mine just kept getting less filled with each child. I think I hid Rob's....