Autumn Lovin'

Matt is mowing, the kids are watching cartoons, and I am sitting here trying to decide what I want to paint first.  There is Josie's wicker dresser that is in desperate need of a coat of paint, but then there is my fireplace.  I painted the brick a pretty shade of gray-green, but now I want to paint the wall above the mantel the same color.  If I paint the wall above the mantel then I will need to paint the other three walls in the living room a color that compliments the color of the fireplace wall.  Then I will need to paint the dining room because the living room and dining room are only separated by a half-wall.  I can't paint the dining room because the walls need major repair.  We have cracks in the plaster and the walls are covered in a horrible pebbly texture that we ourselves painted onto the walls to try the hide the imperfections.  Really, we need to just remove the plaster walls or dry wall over them.  Too big of a job for today, and too big of a job for me.  What's a girl to do?  I did hit Big Lots this morning for some fall decor.  I thought everything was a little overpriced.  I'm sure next weekend it will all be 50% off.  I probably should have gone to Hobby Lobby.  They have the cutest decorations and there is always a sale.  I know the sale price is actually the real price, but it makes me feel good to see 75% off or buy one get one free.  The weather here in Florida is definitely not fallish and the leaves are still a vibrant green, but I feel it.  If you are a Floridian, you know what I mean.  It's like suddenly the mosquitoes just disappear.  Then one day you realize that you just walked to the mailbox and back without sweating profusely.  The grass starts growing a bit more slowly.  And my favorite clue that fall is near, the sun begins setting during the evening news instead of prime time.  I can't magically make fall happen, just like I can't magically be a size 5, but I can pretend.  So I will dress my house in shades of gold and burgundy and bejewel it with pumpkins large and small.  *Oh I could drink a case of you AUTUMN.  Still I'd be on my feet.  I would still be on my feet.*

0 comments: