Diet Update

This first week of dieting has been more about what I am not putting into my mouth than what I am putting into my mouth.  I am proud to say that I did not touch the basket of candy bars that I give out for prizes in my classroom.  I did not eat school lunch- not even the tater tots.  I did not drink Matt's homemade brewed beer, but I did taste it.  I did not put mayo on my turkey sandwich.  I did not eat any of the McDonald's french fries that I bought for the kids.  But I wasn't perfect.  Yesterday was Hayden's birthday party and I do confess to eating two mini cupcakes.  I struggled all week to drink water.  Minus the water I drank when taking my daily meds, I didn't really drink any.  This week I will do better.  Part of my game plan is to move more.  That didn't happen this week.  I'm thinking about buying The Biggest Loser for the Xbox.  Hayden got Kinect for the Xbox yesterday, so I am excited to give it a try.  For now, I'm going to keep on keeping on.

3 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

I've yet to add exercise to the "caloric intake modification program" I've subjected myself to.
One week down after tonight. It's a start. Just how good of a start I won't know until I weigh tomorrow morning. My first official weigh in since the fun began...
Hang in there! All of us! :)
peace
fm

Margaret said...

GO KATIE!

Alyson and Ford said...

I am just reading you blog, haven't been to it in awhile..... I hope you have been making progress on your eating modifications as we say in this household. Hope to see you soon. We found something in the garage to bring to your house (better in yours than ours - I have a clutter problem). We know someone in your family who will use it!

Alyzabeth's Mommy (not to be confused with "fm").