Keeping It Clean

I'm feeling slightly resentful that Matt fell asleep tonight at 7:00 and left tucking in duties to me.  I won't be too hard on him though because I'm pretty sure that this week chewed him up and spit him out.  Luckily he landed on our bed, work clothes and all.  I guess I'll leave him that way.  He looks pretty darn comfortable.  My week on the other hand, chewed me up and swallowed.  I think I tasted too delicious.  Meanwhile, I am still stuck here in the digestive track of this week- waiting, waiting, waiting.  What a stupid, constipated week!  When I first started writing this blog a few years ago, I made a promise to myself that I would not talk about work, politics, or religion.  I've also tried hard to "keep it clean," and I do hope that you have appreciated the effort I have put into guarding this blog from my own indecency.  But let me tell you friends, it is difficult to say the least.  Sometimes I just want to let my complaints and opinions flow through my fingertips and let my written words tell the story of who I am and what I feel.  But then you wouldn't like me, and I would be sad.  I've always been wary of paper thin walls and in the blogging world there are none.  No matter how quietly I type, my words will be read loud and clear- typos and all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Katy,
I am not one of those people who truly enjoys reading.But I really believe you should write a book and I would be first in line to buy it and actually read it.Just know you bring joy to your followers keep on blogging
P.S And are there any tips on how to write so well,I have one more comp class to take, wishing I had your talent.

Mama Kate said...

Debbie, I am so glad you enjoy reading my blog. My advice, read books and other blogs. Develop your own style and write like you talk. Have a conversation with the screen or paper. When I reread many of my posting I am embarrassed of all the mistakes I make in my writing. But really, who cares? Blogs are for fun. Good luck:)

Alyson and Ford said...

Blogs are fun and a great outlet for you and your family. We mainly put family pictures on ours since the original purpose of it has been fulfilled; still it is fun and I keep a copy as our family scrapbook/photo album. We rarely put anything controversial out "there" but do so occasionally, seems so important, we just fling it out for all to read. Save each of your posts in a word document and maybe you will write that book someday!

Alyson (Alyzabeth's Mommy)