The good, the bad, and the stretch marked

Long time no write. Much has happened and much is the same. Here are some of the highlights.
1) Bad guy who robbed our house- captured
2) Stolen lap top- recovered
3) FCAT- over
4) Matt's car AC- fixed
5) Hayden's 7th B-day- Alligator Farm
February was a difficult month. Matt and I were dealing with the whole break in drama, while at the same time I was stressing about FCAT. Fear gripped me by the frontal lobe and sent me into a month long wave of migraines and numbness. When your face goes numb after 2-3 glasses of wine, it's fun and relaxing, but when for no apparent reason the left side of your bottom lip feels like it has been injected with Novocaine, it is, well, not. Even after battling migraines for almost three years now, the numbness, muscle weakness, and speech difficulty send me into a near panic attack every time.

February is over and now March is drawing to a close. Summer is near and Spring Break is even closer- Yippee! We took a trip to the beach two weekends ago. The water was freezing, but the kids loved it. While they ran around like a flock of hungry seagulls, I sat in my beach chair fully clothed, wishing I had the confidence to at least take off my tank top and get a little sun on my chest. Each swimsuit season I look back at the previous year's photos and think, "I wasn't as fat as I thought I was." I say this every year, so by now you would think that I would just be like, "Live in the now, Katy, because next year you will be even fatter and you will look back at a photo from this summer and think- I thought I was fat, but I was pretty dope. So do it, Katy, take off that beach cover up and strut your cellulite and stretch marks because next year you'll be 15 lbs heavier and wishing your body looked like this. " Just like time, FATNESS is so RELATIVE.

0 comments: