Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, She's A Lady...

The countdown to my 29th birthday is on. I had a thought the other day. I've spent the majority of my 20's a.) wanting to be pregnant b.) being pregnant or c.) recovering from pregnancy. Seeing as how I am close to the thirty mark, I intend on spending this last year of my twenties preparing for the new me- the better me- the composed and focused me-the me who shaves everyday and gets pedicures-the me I always imagined I'd be by the time I hit 25. I guess age doesn't make you mature because at 28 I still think it's ridiculously funny to light my farts. Sometimes when I'm doing something unmentionable, I'll stop and think to myself- "Katy, your adoring husband is sitting right beside you. Yes, he loves you but he does not deserve to have this image of you in his head." So I apologize for my lack of manners and make false promises like-"I swear I'm going to try not to do gross stuff in front of you anymore. If you see me being unladylike, just thump me between the eyes. You have my permission." Good intentions, I know, but I never follow through. And because he is a good man, he doesn't thump me between the eyes, he just makes smart remarks which I definitely deserve. Being a mom came so naturally, I just thought being a lady would, too. So on April 15th I will blow out 29 candles and make a wish to finally become a lady.

2 comments:

The Finley's said...

This is to funny....so cute!

Alyson and Ford said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Only 29! Wait until next year!

Alyson